We are looking for professional and motivated individuals to represent one of Dumfries and Galloway’s unique visitor attractions at Crawick Multiverse during the 2021 season.
We are seeking to appoint two Visitor Services Assistants to join our small team for seasonal positions with contract dates between April and September 2021.
You will play a key role in welcoming visitors to Crawick, ensuring a consistently high standard of customer service, through ticket sale interactions; serving of light refreshments; and the sale of souvenirs from our new facilities.
You will be outgoing, enthusiastic and friendly, with a flexible approach to work and a “can do” attitude. You must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service standards and excellent communication skills. Previous relevant experience and knowledge of Crawick Multiverse and the local area would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a wide range of duties in all weathers to ensure we consistently deliver a world class visitor experience. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but we are looking for flexibility, as it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business. Weekend working will be essential.
Full job description below.
Role title: Visitor Services Assistant (Seasonal)
Hours: 18 hours per week minimum offered on a fixed-term contract (1 April – 30 September 2021)
Company: The Crawick Multiverse Trust
Location: The Coalface @ Crawick Multiverse, Sanquhar, D&G
Reporting to: The Operational Manager
The Crawick Multiverse is a 55-acre former open cast coal mine now transformed into a striking landscape of distinctive landforms, each one representing astronomical and cosmological features and theories and is the vision of the late Charles Jencks.
The site is run by the Crawick Multiverse Trust (CMT), a company limited by guarantee with charitable status, whose core business is the conservation, maintenance and sustainable operation of the Multiverse as an inspirational landscape, unique destination and visitor attraction.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust, as we open our new visitor facilities and office on site at The Coalface @ Crawick, with a clear focus on ensuring a high quality experience for the local community and visitors from further afield.
Working alongside our existing site staff, we are looking for two part-time Visitor Services Assistants to help deliver a world class visitor experience.
It is essential for the candidate to:
- Be friendly and welcoming to all visitors to the Multiverse
- Demonstrate a flexible, proactive approach to work
- Be able to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be organised with attention to detail and strong numeracy skills
- Work well within a small team, whilst at the same time being comfortable working independently
- Work weekends on a rota basis
It would also be desirable for the candidate to have:
- Previous customer service experience, for example in sales, retail or hospitality
- Cash handling experience
- Knowledge of Crawick Multiverse and the local area
- Experience of hosting tours
- To have social media skills or willing to develop in that area.
Living in the local area will be an advantage
Duties will involve but not limited to:
- Acting as first point of contact for visitors from our ticket office and on site during opening times, ensuring visitors can find everything they need for their visit.
- Dealing with visitor enquiries about our events, products, and services in a professional customer friendly manner either in person or on the phone.
- Serving light refreshments whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Handling cash and electronic payments.
- Ensuring that visitor service areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Assist with car park stewarding during busy times.
- Compiling and posting some social media activity.
- Follow company policies and procedures in relation to Health & Safety.
- Co-operate with colleagues to ensure that Crawick Multiverse is a safe place to work and visit. Inform your line manager if you have any concerns or questions.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time and are consistent with the responsibilities of the role.
In return for this you will receive:
- Hourly rate of £9.50 per hour
- Full-time equivalent of 28 days’ leave per year (including public holidays)
- Yearly Family pass to the Multiverse
CV and covering letter should be sent to email@example.com by 9 April 2021.