We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Grounds Person who possesses a good eye for detail and a flexible approach to their day-to-day work to join our small team.
You will play a key role in ensuring our on-site facilities are maintained to a high standard and that cleanliness is a top priority.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a wide range of duties in all weathers to help ensure we consistently deliver a world class visitor experience throughout the year.
Full job description below.
Role title: Grounds Person
Company: The Crawick Multiverse Trust
Location: The Coalface @ Crawick Multiverse, Sanquhar, Dumfries & Galloway
Reporting to: Operational Manager
Role start date: 26 April 2021
The Crawick Multiverse is a 55-acre former open cast coal mine now transformed into a striking landscape of distinctive landforms, each one representing astronomical and cosmological features and theories and is the vision of the late Charles Jencks.
The site is run by the Crawick Multiverse Trust (CMT), a company limited by guarantee with charitable status, whose core business is the conservation, maintenance and sustainable operation of the Multiverse as an inspirational landscape, unique destination and visitor attraction.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust, as we open our new visitor facilities and office on site at The Coalface @ Crawick, with a clear focus on ensuring a high quality experience for the local community and visitors from further afield.
To complement our existing site maintenance contract with local company James G Findlay, we are looking for a part-time Grounds Person for general duties and light maintenance to ensure the Multiverse site remains looking ‘out of this world’ all season long.
It is essential for candidates to:
- Demonstrate a flexible, proactive, and disciplined approach to work
- Be able to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Be organised with attention to detail
- Have previous experience in outdoor maintenance
- Have a good level of physical fitness and the ability to work outside in all weather
- Be friendly and welcoming to all visitors to the Multiverse
- Work well within a small team, whilst at the same time being comfortable working independently
- Work weekends from time to time as needed.
Living in the local area will be an advantage
Hours of work: 14 hours per week minimum offered on an annualised hours permanent contract
Type of contract: Permanent
Salary and benefits:
- Hourly rate of £9.50 per hour
- Full-time equivalent of 28 days’ leave per year (including public holidays)
- Employer pension contribution of 3% of salary
- Yearly Family pass to the Multiverse
Duties would involve but not be limited to:
- Litter picking throughout the entrance and on-site areas
- Emptying the bins on and around the site and visitors’ facilities
- Light maintenance such as fence repairs or painting, general path maintenance
- Some light gardening maintenance, weeding/pruning, attending flower beds where required
- General sweeping and tidying of The Coalface visitor facility
- Sanitize visitor toilet facilities and restock toilet roll, handwash and sanitizer
- Record activity in maintenance log
- Assist with car park stewarding during busy times
- Direct visitor enquiries in a professional customer friendly manner to The Coalface
- Follow company policies and procedures in relation to Health & Safety
- Co-operate with colleagues to ensure that Crawick Multiverse is a safe place to work and visit. Inform your line manager if you have any concerns or questions.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time and are consistent with the responsibilities of the role.
CV and covering letter should be sent to email@example.com by 9 April 2021.