Sustainable Development Policy
We support the ambitions of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in setting out a positive vision for the future. The three dimensions of sustainable development, economic, social and environmental, are interlinked and indivisible. Thus intergenerational learning and education is critical to helping people understand sustainable development and to protect future generations.
We will strive to operate in a way that delivers a positive impact to the economy, environment and society.
We shall achieve this through our commitment to:
- Continuously seeking to improve our performance and reduce our carbon footprint
- Assessing the long term impact of current and likely future operations to reduce the negative and enhance the positive
- Building the capacity of our team, within the community, through constructive employment practices that encourage optimum development
- Supporting local suppliers and contractors and encouraging others who operate in a sustainable manner
- Commissioning and maintaining low carbon buildings and operating with efficient use of resources
- Becoming a plastics free site
- Communicating digitally or in person wherever possible, using print only when necessary and encouraging reuse and recycling
- Being an inclusive destination to allow the widest access to our visitors
- Encouraging more sustainable forms of transport, travelling only when necessary
- Raising awareness, encouraging participation and training employees in sustainable development principles to create sustainable solutions to our working practices